Developing a Mindfulness Practice (via Zoom)
This course is for you if you want to:
- learn to quieten your mind (for some of us this can take time and can take trying different things to find what works for us)
- develop self-acceptance of all the different parts of you
- invite God’s peace and presence into your life and into your perspective
- practice self-compassion and learn more about a compassionate God
- experience being present in the moment (rather than being caught up in the past or the future)
- let go of judgements of yourself and others
- develop a gratitude practise and notice the good things in your life more
- be less reactive and more responsive
- release tension and bring relaxation and spaciousness to your mind, body and emotions
- explore a contemplative and integrated way of praying
- shift your perspective from worry or from doing, by being in the moment and simply being
Developing a mindfulness practise can be made infinitely more accessible by doing it consistently and in community.
For 30 minutes every Sunday evening, commit to nourishing your mind, body and spirit through gentle mindfulness practises and meditative prayer practices.
Signing up to this course gives you access to 4 sessions and you’re welcome to attend any or all of them:
- Sunday May 21st ~ 9:00PM – 9:30PM
- Sunday May 28th ~ 9:00PM – 9:30PM
- Sunday June 4th ~ 9:00PM – 9:30PM
- Sunday June 11th ~ 9:00PM – 9.30PM
This can be an act of kindness and self care, an act of deepening faith, and an act of defiance! – because in our busy lives, carving out time dedicated to rest and restoration is an act of defiance.
Psalm 62:5 Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from Him.
Psalm 91:1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.