Under the Tree: now sold out but new dates coming soon
Now sold out, but we will be running this course again soon – contact Lydia to find out more and be added to our mailing list!
Under the Tree: a nature focused Lent course
Do you need time and space to reconnect with yourself, God and creation? Join us for weekly, outdoor, in-person sessions this Spring.
Photo by Jon Moore on Unsplash
Come along to this gentle and welcoming space to connect with yourself, God and nature. There are so many benefits to slowing down and being present, so many benefits to taking time to nurture faith and spirituality and so many benefits to being with nature – why not combine all 3?
This is a collaboration between the Church’s Ministry of Healing: Ireland and the National Bible Society of Ireland.
The two facilitators are Lydia Monds and Dr Julie McKinley. Lydia has a Masters in Intercultural theology and a recent qualification in forest school leadership and she will lead the healing breathwork and nature connection. Julie has a PHD in Biblical Studies and loves the connection between stories and nature and she will lead the interactive Bible Study.
Atlas Language School, Rathmines – see map for more details. There is an old and beauitful garden space behind the buildings which were once the CICE grounds. Once you are signed in, we’ll give you all the details for meeting and heading to the space together.
Sessions will include:
- Meet – crossing the threshold from our busy/noisy lives into a sacred space
- Circle time – checking in with ourselves how we are in body, mind, emotions and doing simple breathwork to bring the mind back into the present and to slow down.
- Reflection & interactive Bible Study:
Week 1 ‘Where are you?’ Gen 1-3
Week 2 ‘Am I my brother’s keeper?’ Gen 4
Week 3 ‘What are you seeking’ Gen 37
Week 4 ‘Walk to yourself’ Gen 12
- Invitation to respond – a selection of options to support nature connection and response including clay, nature story boards, nordic braiding, nature sit spots, sketching with charcoal, mindful wandering & journaling.
- Closing gratitude circle.
What do I need to bring?
Dress appropriately for the weather, although we will access an indoor space if the weather is too prohibitive. Appropriate clothing for colder weather is layers, warm footwear, a hat and waterproofs. But hopefully the sun will shine!
A camping chair – we have some spares so don’t worry if you don’t have one.
A hot drink and a throw if it’s cold.
A Bible if you have one.